Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Setting up my booth: in pictures


Just got back from my 3rd weekend at Newburyport's Art on Bartlett Mall.   Here are a few pictures from the show.




Unpacking. Minivans are the BEST. We used to have a wagon and would have to strap half the stuff on the roof like the Beverly Hillbillies. 




Misty morning on Frog Pond.  This is my view from my tent...one of the many things I love about this show. On Sunday, the town holds canoe races where two canoe teams try to capsize one another--a raucous good time enjoyed by a huge cheering crowd all along the banks.



My #1 helper (and hubby) schlepping the panels to my booth.





Yes, that is a pool noodle wedged up in the corner of my tent. Can you guess why?  Hint: very useful item to prevent a disaster in heavy rains--and no, it's not a flotation device for a flash flood!



New for this show--I made a large "look book" with lots of interior photos with my artwork.  People seem to really appreciate seeing the art in context. 



 

Also new--a side table for my book and small paintings and a cozy rug--so much better than the lumpy ground.



All set up and ready to go by 10am.



My famous giant poppy---it's always easy to find me at shows!



"This is the happy booth!"  I  must of heard it a dozen times this weekend. I just love it when people share that with me.


Bartlett Mall in late afternoon.  The sun came out late on Sunday and just lit up the pond.


That's it! I'll be doing it all again on August 25th at the Portland Sidewalk Art Show.  Look for me and my giant poppy in front of the Portland Museum or Art.




4 comments:

Sandra Cherry Jones said...

I love your booth. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love your display. would you share what yours panels are made of?
Jeanne

adreamadesign said...

I love your booth setup. I am also an artist doing some shows this year. Good luck on some future sales

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set up. What display wall are you using?