Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Community Supported ART project - half way through!

Have you heard about Community Supported ART?

CSArts have been popping up all over the country and work in much the same way as CSA's --with customers receiving orginal fine art rather than fruits or veggies.

I am halfway through my first CSArt project: A Year of Flowers, and just finished these lovely peonies in shades of pink and cream.

peonies,  oil on canvas, 8 x 8 inches.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell
This is how my CSArt works:
Folks purchased a "share of art" back in the spring (at a 50% savings off of retail).  Over the year, they will recieve 6 original oil paintings, each depicting a different seasonal flower.  So far, they've been treated to tulips, iris & peonies. The challenge for me is which flowers to choose, only 3 more to go!

I'll give one hint--I see some sunflowers in their future.

Stay tuned for next year...

I will be offering two CSArts next year. Another Year of Flowers (It will take me a while to get through them all) and Backyard Chickens. 
 
Here's a little look at some of the paintings my CSArt clients have received so far this year...
pink tulips, oil on canvas, 8 x 8 inches.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell

tulips in a glass vase, oil on canvas, 10 x 8 inches.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell

iris, oil on canvas, 10 x 8 inches.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell

iris, oil on canvas, 12 x 6 inches.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell

No comments: