Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CSArt: your art shares are ready!

I just finished up the second batch of CSArt shares.  Folks will be picking up their paintings in my studio this week--which is always a fun time.  I love passing along the delight of flowers.

Wondering what Community Supported Art is all about? 

It's hard to choose which seasonal flower to paint fo the art shares--there are so many! I walked around my garden to see what was poking up and went to a few area greenhouses (I should leave my wallet at home when I do that, I'm like a kid in a candy store).

iris by Vincent Van Gogh

What settled it was a lovely and unexpected gift from a friend. 

She recently went to see the "Van Gogh Up Close" exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Lucky you if you got to see in person! Knowing I was not going to get there in person myself, my friend bought me the exhibition catalog book. 

What a treat that was and the next best thing to actually going. 

Leafing through the pages was the perfect reminder of why I've always admired Van Gogh's work: the wonderful textures in his paintings, the expressive brushwork, the japanese influences in his florals, and of course the colors.

So when I turned to the pages with his iris paintings, the decision was made.


Feeling inspired?  There is still time to join in on the fun. Send me an email and we can discuss.


iris, oil on canvas.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell

iris 2, oil on canvas.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell

iris 3, oil on canvas.  ©2012 Kristina Wentzell

No comments: