Monday, July 28, 2008

first outdoor show of the season

Phew. Just got back from a weekend show in Canandaigua, NY. It was my first show of the season...and holy cow, what a lot of work! A lot of schlepping and hauling and setting up, but it was good practice and in the most beautiful setting for a show around. My tent was literally right on the lake. My kids had a blast playing on the rocks, I think they named every one. I did notice that I was the only vendor to have two little charges in tow. Hmmmmm, am I crazy to be doing this? All the same, I am looking forward to my upcoming shows: my "local" show, the Elmwood Festival of the Arts in Buffalo, the Clothesline Festival in Rochester and of course, my family show Art Under the Birches in Rangeley, Maine. Stop by and see me if you're in the area!
Here are a few pix from this weekend.








See? I wasn't kidding I really was right on the lake. Just beautiful.


My tent...first time setting it up. It held up fine with Saturday's wind and rain.



My poppies looked great against the dark panels.


My 2 little charges



and #1 helper, schlepper, hauler, and chief babysitter (my hubby)



No comments: